I was so excited to be featured as an expert on one of David Neagle’s training calls! It honestly was like a dream come true 🙂 I’ve been learning from David’s teachings for a long time and more formally this year. It was an honour to be recognized for achieving some amazing results in my business!
I have to say though; MOST of it has to do with doing things differently. It’s about stepping out of the norm and trying something different. Read on to learn how I did this (and continue to), and how you can too.
“Sick of Doing the Same Old Thing?”
In the book You2, by Price Pritchett, he says, “The things that worked for you in the past very likely could, sooner or later, lose their serviceability. Even if your customary approach still holds promise for maintaining your present level of performance and growth curve, it may not help much if you want to hit far higher achievement levels.”
What does this mean? If you want different results, you must try a different approach. You cannot keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results. Einstein calls this insanity. As Prtichett points out, what you have been doing can keep you afloat, but it won’t help you reach your big goals and dreams. If you really want something bigger, you must do things differently.
I can’t tell you how much time I have wasted adjusting my niche and trying to get my website “just right”. This has prevented me from doing what I needed to be doing – which was sales. The problem was that I didn’t know I needed to be focused on sales. No one told me this after all. The interesting thing is the opportunity to learn more about sales was all around me for a long time. I just never took the opportunity until last year. Since I’ve learned extensively about this, my income has increased by 250%! AND this was done through working with the best clients whom I love and am honoured to serve 🙂
So how do you do things differently?
1. You must first be willing to let go of your usual way of doing things. Set the intention and make the commitment to do something new.
2. Master sales. Sales is the blood of your business. Period. Without this – no matter whether you’re just starting out or are a multi-millionaire – your business will not succeed.
3. Generate leads. Get clear on who your ideal client is and where they hang out. Get in front of them. This might cost you money, but it will be worth it.
4. Act as if. Spend time each and every day picturing yourself acting the way you would if you had already achieved the level you want. Invoke what it would feel like to be at that level. How would you behave, what would you be wearing, how do you make decisions, etc.
5. Watch what starts to show-up in your life. Pay close attention to the opportunities that show-up. These opportunities will help you get to where you need to go. This is what you need to focus your time on.
6. Let go of the strong desire to do what you usually do and try new things. I think this one is in here twice, but it’s that important.
7. Read Pritchett’s book for more on the mindset shifts that need to happen.